1.12.15

my December;

Looking through old photo files I found some gems of snowfall during the December of my first year at Uni in Norwich.

The aesthetic of a snow-topped landscape is truly beautiful, but I honestly get so tired of the cold in less than a day! It quickly turns into a grey slushy mess after all the cars and people have made their way through it to their destination.

It is rare that snow settles so well in the UK as it can be either raining prior to snowing or it proceeds to turn into rain after snowing.
Not only was this an earlier snowfall than expected during that month, it dusted the city in a subtle and enchanting coating of powdered snow that settled for a fair few days.




















I'm pretty sure I remember taking these in the morning before a lecture, and was most probably late for doing so.

When the sky is a clear and the sunlight peeks over the clouds, the atmosphere feels so ethereal with the snow reflecting the yellow light in contrast to the blue above.
It's nice to look at again, but I know if I was in the middle of it I'd become grumpy from the cold rather quickly...



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© M I E L I S E U L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig