26.12.15

Winter Holidaze.

Happy Holidays to you all, in all things you celebrate and appreciate.
I wish you all a relaxing time, and hope you have a wonderful New Year, achieving everything you hope to do!

Currently back in England visiting my family for Christmas, which we do celebrate although I'm personally not religious, but it's a tradition we've had for many years and it still brings a lot of nostalgic feelings.
I'm half German, and a lot of the festive traditions from there are so heartwarming.
Already within two days I've exceeded the recommended amount of chocolate for probably half of the year.


In the free time between catching up, watching Christmas television, or eating a roasted lunch, I've been going through my photos from past trips and slowly uploading them to my flickr.



Our most recent trip was to Japan in April, which was colder than I was expecting! It rained nearly every day, and there was a chilling breeze throughout Osaka and Kyoto. A few days later we travelled to Takayama and experienced my Birthday at the local Spring Festival - which was nearly cancelled due to rain, yet a break in the clouds signalled the beginning of the celebrations.

After that we travelled to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, which was still covered in Winter's snow.
I think it's appropriately Wintery to include the photos from the route here.
















It is nice to look through old photos and relive the experience, although at the time I was freezing my hands off to focus the lens and press the shutter. 
However you quickly forget about the cold once you have a good collection of memories to look back on.



Hope you've enjoyed these best picks of the mountain route in Tateyama!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© M I E L I S E U L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig