2.10.17

Mt.Fuji.


Fuji-san 🗻


A majestic presence in the region of ChÅ«bu in central Honshu, west of the city of Tokyo.
Standing at 3,776.24 m (12,389 ft) high, the iconic snow-capped mountain holds a dear place in the hearts of the residents of Japan, and many people around the world. 

Continuing from the photos of my trip in 2015, we visited the spectacular Kawaguchi-ko, one of the lakes from the Fuji Five Lakes region that surrounds the mountain.

Visiting in my birthday month of April and the season of spring, many compositions of Fuji-san framed by the cherry blossoms were almost too easy to come by, a real treat for the eyes and a stunning experience. Although the wind was bitterly cold, the air was fresh, the sky was clear, and the mountain view unobstructed. 

I had always dreamed of viewing this monumental sight, whether through watching documentaries about Japan, seeing it in cartoons or video games, or hearing my parents talk about it.


If you are ever in the area and have enough time, I do recommend you stop by.
I hope to visit again to climb to the summit.

Even from the train, an awe-inspiring view could be seen and the passengers were given time to stop and take photos from their seats.




The region uses Japan's famous personification of objects with cartoons of various mountain characters adorned onto the trains, and even on the traffic cones/barricades.





The blossoms looked stunning as the sun started to set.
+ bonus bad quality selfie to prove I was there 🙈Standing in the freezing breeze only to take a selfie with the blossom,
the only half-decent shot out of at least 20

Hope you're not too bored yet of my 2-year overdue posts from Japan!

Thanks for viewing 🌸


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© M I E L I S E U L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig