16.7.14

Painting updates;

At the moment my family and I are in process of moving out
of our house of 16 years, even though we haven't really
found anywhere to go to yet but we'll be viewing a place on Friday.
The majority of my time is being used going through a tonne
of things that I have accumulated during my life and
a vast amount of it is so useless, so I'm aiming to reduce a lot!

When I have some time off I either go for a walk along
the hills or to the beach (I'm happy to be able to see the sea so easily again),
or I'm trying to keep up with my painting and drawing skills.
Slowly I'll be building up my portfolio and updating my online places with paintings, drawings and projects.
Recently I've been putting WIPs on my Instagram, too. 
I barely use Twitter because I get nervous about it for some reason.
I think I just prefer writing more than 140 characters if I have something to say, haha.
But anyway, it's time to come out of my self-promotion-avoiding shell!

Here are some things from the past couple of weeks,
enjoy~



Christian Bale;

I did this in 2012 as my first realistic digital portrait, working on and off for about two months.
As far as first attempts go, I was pretty happy with it even though it took a long time.
I've refreshed it a bit now as my skills have slightly improved since I made it, 
and I noticed a few things I wanted to change. 





My favourite water-dwelling barrel-rolling plankton-eating creature,
the Manta Ray ♡ 
I saw 3 of these guys for the first time earlier this year in February when I visited Singapore's
S.E.A Aquarium; they're just so awesome. 
The way they glide so effortlessly through the water, looking so majestic and badass. 
I could watch them all day.
This is part of a series of illustrations I'm hoping to finish with a few 
other favourite creatures that live in water/oceans/seas. 
I've always had a fascination with it/them, probably from living
close to the sea and visiting aquariums when I was younger.


This was from a memory of a beautiful sunset I saw while in Singapore,
which I knew my phone's camera wouldn't have been able to capture well enough.


Cuttlefeeeesh~
I drew this liddle one a while ago, and now I'm reworking it.
It's a really nice feeling to actually see yourself improving with each piece, and to be able to look back
 at old ones and think "I could totally improve that now".
I'm only doing this with pieces that I really love the ideas of,
otherwise I'd rather be working on new things.
 But when something is there already, it's nice to see it turn into something even better.
This will also be in my water creatures series!



Thank you for checking out some of the things I'm working on,
'til next time!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© M I E L I S E U L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig