29.10.15

fresh start.... again?

Well, hi


Taken in Bali, Gili Trawangan in 2014


So I've been contemplating life and the things I want to accomplish or even just achieve day to day, and blogging has always been something I wanted to dedicate time to - like, properly.
Nice layout, decent/interesting/useful content, impressive photos.. a creative outlet for myself.

I follow a fair number of bloggers on different platforms, and most of what I intake is from Instagram.
I've attempted to make my Instagram appealing, and strategically hashtag for possibly more views/likes.
But I realised that's not what I wanted.

If people like my photos, that's a wonderful plus.
I really only have 100+ followers on there, and most of them are my close and good friends.
But my main reason for posting my photos there are for memories and continuous practise in photography.


But back to blogging, I could never consistently keep anything going.
Even if I tried to plan posts, from writing content, or actively going out in an attempt to photograph interesting things that I could use in a post...


it never worked.



I have so much respect for bloggers who consistently update their blogs, like really they are doing a full time job with that.
Some people may not understand this, but it does take a lot of work to establish yourself and then keep up with your content.


My other downfall was that I just wrote, and wrote, and wrote, with none of my photos being included at all.
Or when I did take photos, I had a reluctance to show them.
They weren't up to the standard that I had admired from other bloggers, so I couldn't even compete with them.

Sometimes I also wanted to include my illustrations, which I will still do, but I need to have a focus otherwise everything is jumbled together with no purpose.

My writing style was also far too damn serious, I need to remember my favourite quote - "lightly".



I'm writing all this to make sense to myself about why I haven't been able to keep up with blogging, what I can improve on, and what I'd ultimately like to create for this online version of myself that can hopefully shape who I am in reality as well.

However, it may be heavily curated, so a vast difference to who I am in reality.
If you meet me, you may not recognise me from whichever version you saw first.
But at least I'm happy in myself for staying true to some creative spark inside that has an ideal and an ambition, a desire to make things.
And while doing so I wish to connect with others.

I feel like time is catching up with me, and this year I've already taken a leap out of my comfort zone to try something I thought I never could do - modelling.
So I'd really like to keep this blog running as long as possible, and meet and be inspired by others in this online community.

Everyone's had quite a head start, and it's taken me so long to get to this point so please be kind.


I hope you'll be happy to join me.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© M I E L I S E U L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig